Leave of Absence Policy
The goal of this policy is always to verify UAMS is with in conformity with federal regulations, 34 CFR 668.22 (d), concerning the procedure for pupils asking for a leave of lack.
AA LOA cannot go beyond 180 times in every 12 thirty days period and may also have a critical effect on a studentвЂ™s aid that is financial. Any pupil considering asking for a LOA that gotten aid that is financial should consult with the Financial help Office to ascertain exactly how their educational funding is going to be impacted.
Relating to federal laws, 34 CFR 668.22 (d), listed here criteria describes the requirements to process an approved LOA:
- The pupil must request the leave of lack on paper for their Dean for approval. The letter should state the s that are reason( for the demand.
- A LOA is not issued for scholastic reasons (i.e. to keep a learning pupil from failing).
- There should be expectation that is reasonable the pupil will get back from LOA.
- Students coming back from a LOA must resume training at the exact same part of the scholastic system she began the LOA that he or.
- The institution may not assess the student any additional institutional charges upon return from LOA. Consequently, the pupil is certainly not qualified to receive any extra student that is federal (Title IV funds).
- The institution must explain the requirements and regulations of his/her financial aid status (grace period, repayment, etc.) prior to granting the LOA if a student is a Title IV recipient. The knowledge that’ll be supplied should include the consequences that are financial the student does not return from LOA. Continue reading