XRemoteFMC provides remote access to the default flight management computer in X-Plane 10. XRemoteFMC can be accessed via any modern browser (e.g. Firefox, Chrome, etc.). It should also work on tablets and other mobile devices. The XRemoteFMC utility is currently in the beta phase, meaning it has not been fully tested and may not be full-featured. [Download XRemoteFMC @ X-Plane.org]
- X-Plane 10 (32/64-bit)
- Windows, Linux, Mac
- To install XRemoteFMC, unzip the contents of the ZIP file into
- Windows Users: Please make sure you have installed the proper Visual C++ Redistributable from Microsoft.
- X-Plane (32-bit) – Install the x86 package.
- X-Plane (64-bit) – Install the x64 package.
- If you are using both 32 and 64-bit X-Plane, install both redistributable packages.
Entering a Flight Plan
- After X-Plane has loaded, navigate to http://127.0.0.1:4000 in your web browser. (Note: If you are accessing XRemoteFMC from another machine, substitute 127.0.0.1 with the appropriate IP address.)
- If a flight plan has been loaded in the simulator, XRemoteFMC will prepopulate the fixes. If not, begin entering fixes.
- To enter a fix, select the navaid type and enter the fix ID.
- Next, press the EXEC button to add the fix to the flight computer.
- Rinse and repeat!
- INIT – Clears entire flight plan
- PREV – View previous waypoint in flight plan
- NEXT – View next waypoint in flight plan
- CLR – Clear current waypoint
- DIRECT – Navigate directly to the displayed waypoint
- EXEC – Execute changes to displayed waypoint
- AIRP – Airport waypoint type
- VOR – VORTAC waypoint type
- NDB – Non-directional beacon waypoint type
- FIX – Fix waypoint type
- LAT/LON – Latitude/longitude waypoint type
- +/- – Signage for latitude/longitude waypoint type
- LD – Load flight plan (not currently implemented)
- SA – Save flight plan (not currently implemented)
- Empty flight plan causes first waypoint in X-Plane database to be returned
- Executing waypoint with no ID causes first waypoint in X-Plane database to be returned
- Cannot load/save flight plans from XRemoteFMC
1.0 Beta 4 (2013-03-13)
- Added Mac support
1.0 Beta 3 (2013-03-12)
- Added latitude and longitude waypoint type
1.0 Beta 2 (2013-03-04)
- Added Linux support
1.0 Beta 1 (2013-03-04)
- Initial release